Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another Trip and Update.

During the week I had the opportunity to deliver some concrete to a different mine other than Xstrata. The mine is situated 130klm NW from the Isa at a place called Mount Norman and is called Gunpowder. Beautifully country around the mine and a fantastic drive.

In other news........ Tracey and I gave our notices during the week and will be leaving the Isa at the end of February. We will head to Alice Springs and have a look around there for a month or so and move on to Darwin after that. We hope to get up to Normanton and Karumba before we go, that will depend on the weather. If it's too wet we may not be able to get up there.

We are looking forward to getting going again as we both have itchy feet and can't wait to get back on the road again. I think we have learnt our fist big lesson, don't stop to work for so long. Although it's been profitable we are getting into too much of a routine and the ruts are appearing again!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. NotBlhudyDoozmhaniAgenFebruary 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM

    Tracey, come home, all is forgiven!

    Hi guys. Glad to hear you guys are doing well and particularly that Pete is heading in a direction further away from me. (lol). Now Tracey I bet you're wondering who is this guy? I think its time we came clean and told Pete, don't you?

    Hey Pete, Just saw an email you sent telling a few of us about your blog. Bet you regret sending that email now, hey! I'm still at the same place and things have slightly improved with a few new faces on the scene.

    Our hiring manual has been updated and thanks to Guy and Aaron, the quality of staff has improved. Ask ChrisMac to explain.

    Car Park got trashed in the floods and we moved to DR sort of, I guess. No doubt you will be missing the stress and angst that would come with such a move. I told them you can't wait to come back... (no I didn't)

    Seriously though, glad to see you guys are having a ton of fun on your travels. I like the way that you're doing it by stopping for periods of time here and there.

    I know what you mean about the Induction stuff. I did some Proj Mgt work for one of the Coal Mines and in WA and QLD and had to get the same. Be sure to be safe. Big issue on any mining site... Got drilled into to me 376,725.5 times a day. (for good reason)

    Anyway, all the best, have fun (NOT TOO MUCH) and please apologise to Tracey and maybe the Hartnell's too. (No I didn't do anything inappropriate - honest.)

    Drop me a note or say something nice about me in one of your blogs (lie if you have to).

    Regards for now
    NotBlhudyDoozmhaniAgen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehehe it is good to know that all is forgiven but I have no idea who is forgiving me. Completely confused :| Pete has tried to figure out who it is and also has no idea who you are.

    ReplyDelete