Friday, August 13, 2010

Mt Isa, Home for now.


GeoTagged, [S20.70719, W139.49497]

We are here In the Isa, as the locals say, and are camped at a caravan park a couple of klm's out of town. We initially stayed at the Isa Caravan Park but the local indigenous folk made ALOT of noise from about 12 to 4 in the morning. Much quieter here.

I am doing my HR ( heavy rigid ) truck licence and have done my first lesson plus an assessment session. The picture above is the rig I have been driving. There are heaps of jobs out here for someone with a truck licence. Shit myself when I initially saw the truck as I thought I would be driving a flatbed or similar!!! After a couple of tries it's not so bad, just the double clutching of the gear changes I have to get used to.

Tracey has applied for a couple of jobs in town and one here at the caravan park as a kitchen hand. It would be pretty handy if she got that job.

2 comments:

  1. Pete,
    DId you blow the horn ? Silly but that's the first thing I would have done ;)

    cya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a job you bum!

    ReplyDelete